An #NCIS Quotes: Charade


Tony: "Feel like my life is a charade. ... You'd tell me, right, if I was losing my edge? The DiNozzo edge? 'Cause I feel like it. I mean, I get swindled by a bimbo. I got Laurel and Hardy impersonating me. What about the third guy? Is he a buffoon? Is that who I am?"

McGee: "You haven't lost your edge. You momentarily misplaced it, okay? You're getting it back.

Tony: "Did a lot of thinking in the big house. ... Time passed real slow. Honestly, sometimes, I feel like I don't know who I am. And it's strange, because she stole my identity, right? But I feel like I've already lost my identity. I mean, what is this? Seriously, is this some kind of weird metaphor for my current psychological state?"

-NCIS Season 13 Episode 20: Charade


Woah, it really hit me, so hard.

Sometimes, I'm a total sucker when it comes to tv show, with a good quotes, especially when the one who said that quotes is my favourite character in that show.
The dialogue above is a conversation between Tony and McGee, two main characters on my 13-years-old favourite crime show, NCIS.

While I was starting to get a little bummed out that there weren't many Tony stories left on NCIS because by the end of the season 13, the character's actor, Michael Weatherly will exit the show, I watched that newest episode , and it titled "Charade", it just a simple one word but with the deep meaning, so, kind of excited to watching it.

The basic story about that episode is when tony's identity is stolen by the three men that is pretend to be him. They used tony's identity to commit fraud in order to blackmailing some senators. Upon the investigation, it turns out they get the tony's identity, from a random woman who have a random date with Tony.

During the investigation of this case, identity theft that happened to him makes tony rethink about his life, especially about the achievement of his life, which he feels is still not maximal and invariably, still something is missing in his life, no matter how long and how many things he has been through for the past few years. Nothing changes with him, after all.

And what it makes even more pathetic is when, in fact, everyone knew, saw and realized it, earlier from yourself. You need them to awaken you from the truth. Same goes with Tony.
The second sad thing that I really want to say is, when I watched this, I feel like what happened to tony in that episode, also awaken me from the ignorance zone and leading into the existential crisis. Just like Tony.

I felt, perhaps unwittingly, that in life there must be a little charade, yeah it is, a simple definition but i agree on that about charade is

'something that is done in order to pretend something is true when it is not really true.'

There is a certain point in life, where we do things that we actually do to cover up the problems we face, avoiding anything that we are too afraid to deal with it, because it can hurt us. Charade.

In Tony's case, Charade that he did was he lived his life in a constant stream, so far. It looks safe from the outside, he was in a comfort zone, which is actually not. Deep within his subconsciousness, he really wants to end the charade, why? Because basically a charade is something done just for show, not to live with it.

It's about time for Tony to make a big move to a brand new life, It is time for someone who has undergone the charade, way too long.

well, well, yeah we're living in a pathetic life, aren't we all?





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Movie Review: Surga Kecil di Bondowoso (A Little Piece of Heaven in Bondowoso)

Nonton New moon at SMS

A Movie Quotes: The Power of Carpe Diem